Dr. Günter Bechly
Amber and fossil insects
- Tel.: 0049-(0)711-8936-242
- Fax.: 0049-(0)711-8936-100
- Email contact form
Born in 1963.
- Undergraduate studies at the Universities of Hohenheim (1987-1991) and Tübingen (1991-1994) (main study with focus on entomology, subsidiary subjects: palaeontology and parasitology). Diploma thesis on the morphology of dragonfly wings under supervision of Dr. G. Mickoleit.
- Ph.D. student under supervision of Prof. W.E. Reif at the institute for geology and palaeontology of the University in Tübingen; Ph.D. thesis in English language on the phylogeny and fossil record of dragonflies (co- referees: Prof. C. Brauckmann / Clausthal-Zellerfeld and Prof. R. Willmann / Göttingen).
- graduation as Ph.D. with "summa cum laude".
- Scientific trainee in the department of palaeontology at the Staatliches Museum für Naturkunde in Stuttgart (01.12.98-31.08.99) and since 01.09.99 scientific employee as head of the amber section in the department of palaeontology at the Staatliches Museum für Naturkunde in Stuttgart.