Function at the IT Infrastructure and Biodiversity Informatics Section
- Head of department IT Infrastructure and Biodiversity Informatics Section
- Digitization Officer at the SMNS and Co-Organizer of the Digitization Working Group of the State Museums in Baden-Württemberg
- Conceptual participation in enhancements and supervision of the data management system Diversity Workbench as well as co-supervision of SMNS LAN
- Development of IT concepts for optimizing utilisation and technical advice to SMNS staff members
- Representing the SMNS in national and international biodiversity networks (CETAF, GFBio, TDWG, e.g.) and collaborative work on the development of biodiversity informatics tools
- Acquisition of third party funds and EU consultant for research
- Acting curator of the arachnological collection
Research interests Entomology:
Entomological research in Central Europe and East Africa on Arachnids with focus on Jumping Spiders (Salticidae) within research program 2 (biodiversity and biogeography), QT2 (patterns of biodiversity: species and their distribution) + QT3 (Biodiversity in the Anthropocene – Model region Baden-Württemberg).
Development of methods and software tools in the fields of biodiversity informatics, data management, collections and specimens digitization within research program 5 (development of collections and research infrastructure).